Followers

Friday 11 June 2021

Thorn and leaf stencils - Crafty Purple Frog

 11th June, 2021

Hi there, today I am using the Thorn and Leaf stencils from Crafty Purple Frog and how they can be used together.

To start you can use the thorn stencil alone which I think also can look like naked trees.

You can also use them in conjunction with the leaf stencil and the Flowers and Berries stamp set to add leaves to the thorny bits, I tend to use Distress Oxides for blending with stencils because that is my medium of choice however you can use what you feel comfortable with. so in the photo belox I am showing the following from left to right - 

  • Thorns on their own
  • Thorns with leaves on using Distress Oxides and them some have been stamped over with Memento Tuxedo Black ink using the outline of the oak leaf from the Flowers and Berries stamp set
  • The Thorns with leaves stamped on using both the solid and outline oak leaf, for these I used VersaFine Clair inks
  • The last one is again the Thorns but instead of leaves I have used the solid and outline berries stamped using VersaFine Clair inks.

I will eventually use all of these background pieces to make other cards with. Go have fun messing around with your stencils.

Happy Crafting

Lucy xx

Supplies used from Crafty Purple Frog



No comments:

Post a Comment

There is always room for cake

 18th June, 2021 Hi everyone,  I have returned today using the Party Mouse stamp set from  Crafty Purple Frog . Lets go... This is another h...